The individual industry is the one that is mostly concerned about the income received from other sectors of the economy like the business sectors and impacts this economy through their consumption of goods and services. Under the current rules, individuals are residents of Australia if they live in Australia.

An individual who is a resident is subject to income tax on income both in Australia and from foreign countries with the exemption of temporary residents.

A non-resident individual is liable to Australian income tax only on income received from sources in Australia.

Persons who engage in an employment contract in Australia may be viewed as residents if they are in the country for more than six months. It is important to know your tax obligations.

At Progress CA, we are here to guide and help you. Our years of experience as chartered accountants give us the capability to assist you in this field.

Currently, we are providing FREE 30 minutes tax consultation.  You can book it through our website at or call us on 0403050779. Do not hesitate. Contact us now by booking your first consultation today!